Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Meet The New Rider Lindsey Lewis # 969

Lindsey Lewis, 55 yrs old, been riding 40+ years, current ride is a 2013 Street Glide bought new in July of '13. Will never get rid of this bike. We're in a relationship. Lol. Hope we're both up to the challenge. 4 kids, 5 granddaughters. 2 dogs that I love more than most people. Proud, born and raised, lifelong Texan. Half-assed retired. When I'm not riding, for fun I hunt when I can, and I'll use any excuse to fish our bays. Love that saltwater.
I've been intrigued by and wanted to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge since I first read about it several years ago. Chris Hopper spoke to our HOG chapter in '18 not long after finishing and that lit a fire under me. I've been encouraged by my kids and great friends to enter. While I want to finish well, I want to challenge myself, my skills, and just finish. I believe I'll learn things about myself that I otherwise wouldn't. And I can't wait to meet the other riders, learn from the veterans, and forge new friendships.
The advice I've received so far is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and don't kill myself. I've done several distance rides, but nothing like this. But then there really isn't anything else like this.
No obstacles really, other than simply making the time.
To be serious for a minute, I think we all reach a point in our lives where we must challenge ourselves in some fashion, in order to learn some elemental truths about ourselves and our physical, mental and emotional limits. It's been a long time since I've done that.
I'll be raising money for a couple of local, smaller animal rescue organizations who do amazing work and desperately need the help.
I'm honored and thankful for the opportunity to participate in the Hoka Hey.


No comments:

Post a Comment