Saturday, June 20, 2020

Meet The New Rider Jon Santos # 966

I am a 49 year old father of 4, with a passion for motorcycles.  I got my first bike when i was about 5 years old and have been riding ever since. When not on my bike i am the Fleet Manager for Gold Medal bakery in Fall River, MA. I enjoy camping and boating with family whenever we can.
I first learned about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in 2017 at The Haven to Hell Rally put on by Hoagy's Heroes Long Distance Charity Riders in Glendale WV.  I met a couple riders from The Hoka Hey there and knew I had to find out more. 
  At first the stories I heard made The Hoka Hey sound very intimidating but the more people I talked to and information I found out about it I knew it was for me. I had to know if I had the perseverance to finish the challenge. I first inquired about the 2018 Hoka Hey but was unable to make it work between my job and family commitments. I made plans for the 2020 Hoka Hey determined to be part of it and  submitted my application as soon as it was open hoping to be accepted. I couldn't tell you how excited I was when I got the call from Junie on Tuesday August 13th.  Ever since then I have been on blogs and Facebook and talking to people that have done it. The best advice I have received so far is when your tired sleep, everything else will take care of itself.  I still don't know what to expect doing the challenge, but i am ready ( I hope) to take it on. 
I am riding to support Hoagy's Heros . Ever since the first ride I did with them in 2017 I knew they were the kind of people I wanted to be around. I have since been brought on as an adviser with them. They do so much for the kids I had to be part of it.  A couple of the charities they support are A Special Wish Foundation and Ronald McDonald House.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment