Thursday, June 18, 2020

Meet The New Rider Ignacio Merani # 964



My other hobby is running. Sometimes my running events overlap with the motorcycle ones and I have to choose. Last year during the Taco Run I was running the Paris Marathon. This year I’m running the Berlin Marathon in September, after the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge .

Why do you want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge? I want to go over the country, discover places that are not usually seen and be in touch with nature. I want to be part of a great brotherhood. I’m expecting finishing safe and sound and coming back with a lot of stories to tell. Eric Sprague gave me what I think is the best advise: always ride during the day, take advantage or every minute of daylight and rest well during the dark hours.



The most important blocker I had was taking 3 weeks off work. I had to make a plan with my boss. I have met multiple riders in different motorcycle events and I ride with them often. I heard that is challenging but also very rewarding and that you come back as a better person.

I will be fundraising for St Jude Children’s Hospital. It breaks my heart seeing children fighting for their lives when they should be enjoying their childhood. I support St Jude because I believe children don’t deserve to die because their parents cannot afford the cancer treatment.

This is the link for St Jude:  https://www.stjude.org

I’m also working on a blog. I expect that I would be able to spend 20’ a day while on the road to post pictures and short stories to promote the fundraising.

No comments:

Post a Comment