Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Meet The New Rider Wayne Green # 977


  In my "spare” time when I’m not riding, I’m spending time with my family.   I have 3, yes 3 teenage daughters at home and there always on the move. I  heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge since the beginning.  Over the years I’ve always kept my eye on the challenge just decided it was time to try it. After doing several Iron butts, SCMA Four Corners and a trip to the Arctic Circle the HHMC event look not only fun but challenging.  I’ve already started buying supplies to start camping on all my rides, instead of hoteling it all the time.  Not only that but what a great way to meet riders from all over the country. I feel I’ve been riding all these miles, @ 40K a year, to prepare me for this challenge.  

I hope to learn more about me, to learn about camping when and where it’s okay and not okay to camp.  How good am I about navigating without modern technology? I have heard this is "the hardest challenge you’ll ever do on a motorcycle, That it was a tough challenge.  After doing the other tough runs, Iron Butts, 4 corners challenge and Arctic Circle, I figured it was time."

 My ride will be in support of I-War through Warrior Foundation Freedom Station because they help wounded soldiers after their home.  And I had a son retire from the ARMY, and feel like its my way of helping give back.

No comments:

Post a Comment