Friday, July 3, 2020

Meet The New RIder Jeff Chauncey # 979


My name is Jeff Chauncey. AKA - Rider 979! I am a Georgia native now living in Florida. I have been riding motorcycles for around 30 years now, and I am a member of the Boozefighters MC. When I’m not riding my motorcycle, you’ll find me driving on some trails and/or dirt roads in my Jeep wrangler or our Polaris General. I guess you can say that I enjoy being outdoors over all other things.
I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from a previous rider and club brother. I was fascinated by the stories from his ride, and I thought to myself that this is something I would love to accomplish one day. I was excited to learn that the 2020 Hoka Hey Challenge would start and end in my state, so I thought “this is my chance” I would be able to have enough time off to make this work! 



I want to ride in the Hoka Hey Challenge for the experience of a lifetime and for the sense of accomplishment that would come along with completing such a demanding ride. Some of the advice that I have gotten from prior riders is to pack lite! To bring only what you absolutely need. To practice packing and unpacking my gear. Do this multiple times so I will have it down to a T and be able to find things even in the dark. Personally, I plan to drop a few pounds and get in better shape before the ride.  I am expecting a very challenging, but rewarding ride. I know that they’ll be days that I am exhausted, but I feel the anticipation of what’s around the next corner is what is going to keep me going. My goal for the challenge is to finish with me, and my bike in one piece, and to take in all the sites and places that the ride will take me. 



I will be riding for TEAM JAMESY and the Jar Of Hope. I chose this non-profit because I want to do my part in helping raise awareness and to help find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.

I am excited that I have an opportunity to ride in this Challenge, and I can’t wait to meet all the other riders in August 2020!


More information about the Jar Of Hope can be found at

No comments:

Post a Comment