Thursday, July 30, 2020

Meet The New Rider Joao Mendonca # 1010



I have been a motorcycle enthusiast since my earlier years back in my home country of Brazil; unfortunately, I could never afford one, the closest thing to a motorcycle was to subscribe to a motorcycle magazine. In 1990 my car broke down and a colleague told me that he could have an old bike that a friend had left behind, it was a 1981 Kawasaki LTD440 that was sitting outside for almost a year, after few push start I rode the bike home. It was my daily ride for the next 5 years.  
Few years ago, I found a 1981 Honda CB900C that I brought to life, and it is my long trip ride. I always am on the lookout for opportunities and three years ago I found a 1992 Daytona Dyna that I completely restored, it took me six months of hard working after work to bring this babe back to live.
I loves the old bikes and most of all taking them apart and putting it back together.  This is the best way to get to know your bike in and out and any little sound you may recognized any potential problem. 
            I am the Purchasing Manager for a huge plumbing company, in charge of over 200+ workers and 20 Job sites, When I am not working or riding, I am at home working at the house or restoring antique motorcycle. I also play guitar and bass with an original band, we normally go to the studio once a week to compose new songs, we are working on the repertory to start doing gigs. I also can play the drums and piano.  

I heard about the Hoka Hey Challenge while participating on the first Gabe’s 30-hours Ironman Challenge in 2017. I had in mind to climb Everest before the age of 40, things went different ways and I was hoping to do by the age of 50. Since I cannot climb Everest and I just turn 50, the Hoka Hey is the next big thing! 😊     Meeting new people, meet new places that normally I couldn’t have the opportunity to it, solidify the friendship with some already known HHMC riders. Put in practice all the experiences acquired throughout my motorcycle carrier. 

When asked what it was you heard about the HHMC that attracted you to want to ride such a tough challenge?  First was the challenge itself, than was the friendship from the HHMC riders that share the same interests.


I will be riding the 1989 Harley Davidson FLHTC Ultra Classic Electra Glide on this challenge and hope to raise $1 per mile for the Shriners Hospital for Children

          

No comments:

Post a Comment