Sunday, July 26, 2020

Meet The New Rider Fred Biglin # 1005


I moved from Northwest Ohio to Middle Tennessee last fall for work, better weather and of course better roads to ride.  So, when I have not been riding, I have been getting familiar with the area and the new job and making trips back to NW Ohio to spend time with my family.

I have been riding for almost 50 years, off road, touring, camping, hotels etc.  The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is the ultimate challenge when it comes to riding and I wanted to be part of it to see what I am made of.  I expect the Hoka Hey to both mentally and physically challenging and to take me places and meet people that I wouldn’t normally see or meet.  The best advise that I have heard so far is to make it my own challenge and be mentally prepared.  A few years ago there was a man and his daughter that had come to one of our HOG meetings and did a presentation on the Hoka Hey and from then on I knew that I would be a part of it at some point in my life and I hope that this is the first of many.   The challenge of no GPS, sleeping next to your bike and riding with a select few like-minded souls makes the Hoka Hey very interesting to me and August will not come soon enough.  A few years ago, I lost my father to colon cancer and my main charity will be the Cancer Services of Erie County.  They were there to answer questions provide transportation and whatever else we needed, and they continue to do so for the people of Erie County.



No comments:

Post a Comment