Monday, July 20, 2020

Meet The New Rider Jason Jenkins # 998

When not riding, I like to spend time in the garage, aka: ‘My Happy Place’, either working on the bike, or fiddling around with various projects. If not in the garage, I spend time with my girlfriend or playing video games. 


I want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge because "It’s the ride of a lifetime, one that only a select few people have even thought about participating in. I want to challenge myself and push my comfort levels. I want to better understand what I am capable of, and if you don’t push yourself, you will never find out." I have no expectations but I want to perform the best that I can. I have been doing my serious reading about the HHMC and research since early 2018. I need to remind myself during the ride to take on the challenge one turn at a time and hopefully I won’t be so stressed that I miss the scenery around me and the experience.

The best advice you have been given about riding the HHMC? Don’t get so preoccupied in making it back in time for the end of ride celebration that you make a poor decision out on the road. The first thing that I had to overcome was my self doubt. I needed to believe that I could do it before I even applied to the HHMC. Now it’s getting myself into better shape and preparing the bike. I first heard of HHMC in 2011. I heard from my local dealer, Las Vegas Harley-Davidson that they were a checkpoint and I rode down to see what it was about. I remember watching the riders come in and thinking, “There’s no way in hell I would do this.” or maybe it was “… could do this… ”. 
It was a gradual progression, there wasn’t one thing that wanted me to want to accept the challenge. As I started long distance riding, I started to hear more about it and I started to read the blog on the HHMC website and other websites where people posted ride reports. In early 2018 I became obsessed with it and then one day I just made up my mind that I wanted to enter. You can say that it called to me and at that point the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge became something that I must do.

I will riding for the Nation of Patriots. It’s all volunteer charity where 100% of the money raised goes to local military members where the money was raised. I have been riding with them since they established the charity and have seen first hand the impact that the charity has brought people.  



Instagram : @doctiki

No comments:

Post a Comment