Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Meet The New Rider Sheldon Scott Bradley # 1000 S

 I currently work in the Emergency Room and a local Urgent Care clinic as a Nurse Practitioner. I am married to a very supportive wife that thankfully indulges all of my crazy adventures. We have four children between us. I am a veteran and former Navy SEAL. When I am not riding motorcycles I am training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu which I have done since 2006. I am riding the HHMC to honor my former MC president and friend and 2018 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge rider Mike Martin who proudly rode with # 911. From the moment I learned of his passing, I knew that it was something that had to be done. Three FROGMEN MC members will complete this challenge for Mike as we know he would have done if he were still with us today. My expectations after entering for the first time are simply to finish the HHMC and enjoy seeing 10,000 miles of our great country alongside great friends, old and new. The best advice I have been given is to expect things to go wrong. I believe this to be true and part of what makes great memories. I am ready to roll with what each day brings and do my my best. The biggest obstacle I have to overcome is getting time off from work and family responsibilities. To this point everyone has been very supportive. My local Indian dealer, Indian Motorcycles Of South East Virginia, has even offered to supply a motorcycle to ride as my bobber is not really ideal for this type of riding and the list goes on. I am overwhelmed by the positive support already and its still 2019. Excitement is building. 

I heard about the HHMC through Mike Martin. He told us about his attempt to finish in 2018 and subsequent injury that pushed his completion date back a couple of years. I heard the HHMC was extremely challenging and that only 100 people would be allowed to attempt it every two years. This type of thing grabs my attention and gives me a new goal. The non-profit I am riding for is the Navy SEALs.org  the same fund Mike would be riding for. Our MC will be riding three strong at this event in honor of Mike and the navysealsfund.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment