Monday, July 6, 2020

Meet The New Rider Billy Knoll # 982


  Avid Ohio State football fan!  I love attending games when able.  Big time foodie, so love seeking out off the wall eateries and dive bars with specialty items. Craft breweries are a favorite as well.  I also remain active in my church which I enjoy serving very much.
  When asked why do you want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge this was Billy's answer. The Vision Quest of it all, traveling that many miles and seeing sights I may never see again.  I look forward to the spiritual, mental and physical challenge of the ride!
What are your expectations entering a challenge such as the HHMC for the first time? Although I have been riding well over 37 years, I know this ride will be the toughest journey I've experienced and I expect to be a better person because of it.  Best advice Simple: "Ride your Ride"!
 
I work a 55 hour or more work week in sales.  To leave my work behind for the better part of a month is tough.  To leave my family for a month is tough.  By the Grace of God, I have a supporting wife and boss and all have allowed me to enter in this Challenge! I plan on a small weight loss program leading up to the challenge and exercising a little more.  And of course I am going to have to make time to ride(practice) this spring/summer. A lot!

I heard about the HHMC when My friend and I were in Daytona for Bike Week, I believe in 2009, and he wandered off on his own and ended up meeting the organizers at the Hoka Hey booth set up at Bruce Rossmeyer's HD.  He has not stopped talking about it since. I'm happy to say both he and I were accepted for the 2020 Challenge! Aside from my own personal want to do this journey, the charitable side of the HHMC really appealed to me. I love the fact that this allows me to raise awareness and funds for 2 local charities plus helping to support the Muscogee Nation of Florida!


  I have 2 nonprofit organiztions to support: Van Wert County Humane Society Shelter and FOA- Families of Addicts (Van Wert Chapter).  I chose the Humane Society Shelter because I have always had a love for animals and it sickens me to see how many are discarded or euthanized because of irresponsible breeding and ownership.  The FOA Families of Addicts was something that I recently learned about.  They are an amazing support and educational group to help not only folks battling addiction but also a resource for their families. Living in a smaller town like I do, you see both of these organizations as a needed resource for our community and I want to be able to help out with the attention this Hoka Hey Challenge will bring!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment