Monday, July 27, 2020

Meet The New Rider Everett Halpen # 1006

Hello all,

   So a little about me. My name is Everett F Halpen II and my friends call me Big E. I am 54 years young and live in Taunton Ma which is in South Easter Mass.  I’m a small business owner and do remodeling and finish carpentry, I also do motorcycle repair in my free time (haha free time??). 
  When I’m not on my bike I enjoy spending time with my lovely wife Shelley and our small family, I also enjoy spending time with my bigger family, the New England Vikings MC which I have been with for over 20 years and have been President since 2008. 
   I’ve known of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge for a while as one of the competitors Bob Nelson lives in my area. I met some who were in attendance at a Hoagys Heros event a few years back and spoke to a few HHRC one being Eric Buskel. Also attended the Taco Run last year. 
  I have been riding for what seems like all my life ( first bike at the age of 5) and I find peace behind my bars.  The challenge for me is just that, a challenge, a somewhat right of passage. To complete it is to join the higher echelon of long distance riders. I have done many IBA rides but none to extent of this. 
   I have no expectations except the ones that plague all LDR, fuel stops, directions, weather, exhaustion, you know the stuff that keeps us on our toes.  
  As far as advise, well... I’ve been told, always stop for fuel, you can eat at the last stop, sleep is for the dead, what ever you do DONT STOP!! LOL and foremost, don’t die. 
   The only obstacle I can see the ..........to be continued..
  So I’m raising money for Henry Rochon, he is a 3 years old boy who was born with a deformed heart. He has had multiple surgery’s and his last one the replaced his heart. He is a cool kid and always smiling, if you didn’t know him you’d think he just another kid.  He has a zest for life even though the life he knows is hospitals and a fist full of meds daily.  His parents Joel and Jenn are strong people and work hard to provide for their 3 kids and what I’m hoping to do is provide thru donations a cushion to help with Henry’s Med bills. 

  In closing I thank you for accepting my application to be part of the challenge and i  look forward to finishing it and celebrating at the end with a new HHRC family. 

Thank you
Everett F Halpen II
Big E

No comments:

Post a Comment