Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Meet The New Rider Aubrey Stevens # 978

I grew up in Northern Maine, completed a stint in the Marines and are currently employed at a major airline within Flight Operations. While growing up in N.E. I enjoyed riding snowmobiles and motorcycles; my first street bike was a used Honda CB350 purchased while in high school. When not riding I mainly spend time with family and friends. I am fortunate to have one of the most supportive spouses along with four wonderful sons ages 17 to 32. Over the years my wife Kathryn and I have been avidly involved in their extracurricular adventures, club soccer engagements and in participating as scout leaders throughout their scouting careers with lots of camping accumulated. My youngest son Bryce and I recently trekked for 10+ days at Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico. For recreation I like to play soccer, ride my motorcycle, kayak the local lakes,spend time riding mountain bikes and scuba diving. I also learned to parachute while in the Marines during the eighties and have sons with hopes  I will sky dive with them soon, can you say refresher course:-)

 I recently learned of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from a close friend and former co-worker who just happens to be rider #951. I noticed Brent’s bio on Facebook and subsequently reached out to him regarding the challenge. To say Brent was overflowing with excitement would be an understatement.The more we discussed the challenge, the unknowns that await and his selection as a contender the more I found myself researching the HHMC, reading the reviews, blog post and discovering a yearning to participate as well. But I was also being realistic, I did not know if I would be selected given, I had only just learned of the challenge and was at the end of the window for submitting an application. I want to participate in the HHMC for the adventure, camaraderie and vast  beauty of the road we are sure to encounter. Of course, that will also go hand in hand with the unknown challenges we will have to overcome in order to complete it successfully. I do expect to be taken out of my comfort zone and to face challenges along the way.

 I’ve been through adversity and have overcome difficulties outside of the norm in the past. I feel I am up to the challenge and am truly looking fwd to participating along with many other great folks. Best advice I have received so far is Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate, ride at your own pace and get plenty of rest. And know it’s a life changing experience.

 I am riding in support of Scottish Rite Children's Hospital of Dallas . They treat many of the worlds most complex orthopedic cases, as well as certain related arthritic and neurological disorders and learning disorders, such as dyslexia. Scottish Rite spends a lifetime practicing, researching and pioneering pediatric orthopedic care. Thank you in advance for your support.





No comments:

Post a Comment