Saturday, July 11, 2020

Meet The New RIder John Russell # 987



  I work full time, and in between work I used to Ski, but then I started riding, and Skiing has gone by the wayside.  I have been averaging about 33K miles a year (non-commuting) so not a whole lot of time for other hobbies, but my wife June also rides her 2017 Road Glide and we are taking advantage of this time we are given together and enjoy life on the road.  I do have a nice garage with lots of tools, so I do my handyman work around the house. The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is the next logical progression riding element test for the number of miles and types of roads I have been riding over the last 5 years. From what I have told, the HHMC is a must do to take what you’ve learned and expand on this type of experience which in not like any other, and to do it with like minded people.

 I think about what the non-planned sleeping stops are going to be like, and what the meal plan is going be.  I’m looking forward to the rural roads because that is the type of riding I do now so no surprises there. I can imagine that the HHMC will bring into sharp focus the skills that I have learned along the way to adapt to the unfolding ride.
 Just relax and have fun and be open to multiple changes in conditions.

 There are now 5 potentially 6 of us from the Orange County HOG chapter that will be riding the HHMC which was kindled by my interaction of a previous HHMC rider named Ken Miltimoore.  Ken is a current member of our HOG chapter and during one of our chapter rides I noticed his cut with a huge Hoka Hey rocker on the back of his vest.  So, after seeing that rocker for the last 8 month’s I had to ask; Ken, what is that on the back of your vest?  He smiled started to explain and then after two minutes into his story I waved to Scott, Mike, Wayne, and Chris over and the rest was history, we all signed up.

 Warrior Foundation Freedom Staion will benefit from our ride. Our Orange County HOG has supported this amazing organization for eight years. When you hear in person the testimonials of the people, they serve you can’t help but connect with them and want to extend a hand.  My wife June and I have been involved with helping with the fund raising for this great since joining OC HOG 5 years ago.  https://youtu.be/vScI0AT_Vks







No comments:

Post a Comment