Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Meet The New Rider Terry Mathes #1000 T


I have had a couple major surgeries on my legs and back. There was a time when I was wondering if I would be able to ride anything other than a trike. After a long couple of years in the gym I was able to get the strength back in my legs to make this challenge happen. When I am not on the bike there is plenty to do in East TN. There are many trail-heads to explore and I like fishing. The wife and I also have a sports car we love to drive on the local mountain roads. When the snow hits we enjoy skiing.  


I want to ride in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge for the challenge it presents. I have always tried to experience things that many might not achieve or even attempt.  I expect to be physically and mentally fatigued. I expect to learn as I go as the day to day challenges come up. I plan to address it like I did SEAL training. One turn at a time. Focus on the daily goals. A friend of mine by the name of Mike Martin told me about the challenge. He rode in the 2018 challenge and we were planning to attempt the ride together in 2020. We discussed it last time in Washington DC on Memorial Day 2019. A couple of days after we parted ways Mike passed away. I will be doing this ride in his memory. I want to do it because it is a tough challenge. I haven't met many people that would make the attempt.
The Navy SEAL Fund, Brotherhood Beyond the Battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment