Thursday, July 16, 2020

Meet The New Rider Greg Lopardo # 993

My name is Greg Lopardo (age 50).  I have lived in Connecticut my entire life and have been riding motorcycles since the age of 10.  I have been a police officer for over 23 years and looking to retire within 2 years.  I like to stay active on my personal time with activities such as fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, camping, motorcycling, and enjoy being outdoors with family and friends. 

 
 The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge will be a personal challenge among other challenges to say the least.  Being part of a group of motorcyclists that have to overcome the same challenges brings a bit of camaraderie and bonds among individuals that I look forward to.  I expect the HHMC to be difficult and demanding.  There will be circumstances that I have not encountered before while riding that will have to be dealt with swiftly and safely.  The main goal is to complete the HHMC safely The best advice I have been given so far is to be mentally and physically prepared prior to and during the HHMC.  Staying hydrated and nourished are key elements for me along with keeping the motorcycle in good running condition. 
 
The only obstacle preparing for the HHMC would be getting the time off of work.  I have discussed the HHMC with some coworkers that seem to be supportive of me and willing to assist me with my work schedule if needed. I first learned of the HHMC from a close friend of mine that has participated in several past challenges.  I was instantly intrigued by the challenge itself, the distances traveled, the unknown directions, and the self-preservation that one must endure.  The distances traveled, the length of daily riding, and the different places the HHMC takes the riders definitely attracted me.  It is without a doubt a demanding but yet satisfying challenge to say the least. 







No comments:

Post a Comment