Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Meet The New Rider Peter Milani # 1008


In 1966 at 6 years old I would wait at the top of a hill on my bicycle for two brothers, Chuck & Andy (whereabouts unknown) to come home from work on their coppers. I would peddle as fast as I could so I could ride next to them for a short time. One day I followed them into there garage and got a look at their bikes up close that was it I was bit. The next years were full of dirt bikes and anything that had a motor. In 1977 I saw “Leany” (RIP) pull a wheelie on his 77 XLCH in the Foodland parking lot where we would gather to try to be cool. I told my friends in am getting a Harley bit again but harder this time.


 


December 1977, I rode home from the Harley shop on a 1978 XLH. It was my first ride on a street bike and halfway home it started to snow. (Pittsburgh Pa) I would ride it to high school do wheelies like “Leany”.  Real good times. I paid that bike off before I graduated in the spring and set my sites on riding as much as I could and a bigger bike. The odometer showed about 75,000 on when I took it off. I still have that bike and will only ever give it to my son. In 1981 I got a FLH my friend build for his dad rest his sole. In 92 I got a new one and have been on FLHTCs to this day.

I have always been a traveler and was looking into the Iron Butt and long distance riding I saw what will become the greatest challenge of my life “The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge ”. So, I went to the 2019 Rendezvous at the The Bobarosa Saloon and met many veteran riders and you got it I was bit again way harder this time. From that point on I have been working on my bike my gear and fundraising. I want to ride the HHMC for the personal challenge, the brother hood, and to raise money for The Wingman Foundation   I hope to make the end of the road party but will be glad to just stay on course and finish.  From the time I got “The Call” that I was chosen for the challenge I have been Hoka Hey all day lot of bike upgrades for “Sally” a 2005 FLHTC and new riding gear for me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment