Sunday, July 19, 2020

Meet The New Rider Patrick Cornell # 996


Patrick Cornell, USN Veteran, Professional Fire Fighter (Ret), 9/11 First Responder WTC, Husband to a Fine Woman (Janice), Father to 6 Children (4 Biological, 2 by choice), Grandpa too! And for fun there are so many, my thing is literally work hard,  play hard. I’m in construction and love what I do most days (when my motivation isn’t hiding from me). When not working hanging with the wife, visiting the kids and grand kids, planning retirement.I enjoy my MC more then most riders I know. I have ridden cross country, camping previously and enjoyed those simpler days. I am always up for a challenge, so when I heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge I thought, “Challenge, Motorcycle, I’M IN”  

 Long riding days, beautiful scenery, memories, wind in my face, riding into the sunset. Now reality, sore ass, back, arms, everything… Time to reflect on self, life, purpose. I talk the Talk, Time to Walk the Walk. No expectations, just taking what’s ahead and dealing with it at the moment, good, bad, or indifferent. Life is truly a Journey, Not a destination. Best advice given about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, "Ride your ride, Practice, Bring everything you need and no more, Pack light (if that’s not an oxymoron), Riding Gear and wind deflection." I have had to overcome many obstacles in my life just to be where I am today, Physically, Mentally and emotionally, so no 1 particular obstacle to ride the challenge just grateful at this time in my life to be able to attempt the challenge.

I heard about the challenge sitting in a room, filled with veterans, waiting on the VA to hurry up and wait started talking to another Veteran who had signed up previously but had yet to ride the challenge. Nice guy, good explanation of what he thought it would be, piqued my curiosity enough to look it up and the rest is yet to be seen.The thought of riding like I did back in the day immediately caught my attention and the more I read about the challenge the more excited I became!



 I am riding for Tunnels to Towers and Unbroken Warriors. Being a veteran and 9/11 first responder my son does a Walk to Ground Zero every year (50 miles) in support of my sacrifices and these 2 organizations, just doing what I can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment