Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Meet The New Rider Greg Smith # 991



As one of the only 2 Aussies (along with my mate Graham Berry Rider#944) to be accepted to ride the 2020 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge (HHMC), I am humbled to join such a unique family of like minded individuals who all share a common bond.

2020 is the year I turn 60 and I want to celebrate that milestone doing one of the things I enjoy most in life, and that's riding back roads USA. In reflecting on my life and my 60th year on the planet I feel the need to push the envelope of my physical endurance and mental determination riding the HHMC. I want to face the battle between me and the will to continue. In addition, I want to embrace the spiritual in all that is the Hoka Hey experience and to be doing something to better someone else’s life while enriching my own, on the greatest journey and life experience there is on a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle.

2020 is also the 10 year anniversary of my 1st long distance ride across the USA and what better way to celebrate than experiencing the ultimate ride on Milwaukee Iron, 10,000 miles of the toughest riding for the toughest riders on the planet.

After reaching out to previous riders about their experiences riding the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge ... I need to find out if I too have the strength of mind and sense of purpose to be a part of something that is greater than any single one of us.

Australian “mateship” embodies the very ideals of honor, respect, integrity, commitment and compassion that underpin the rider’s ethos for the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. It’s that character of purpose and mateship that as an Aussie I will bring to the 2020 HHMC and the rider community.  Riding with my mate Graham, we (Team Aussie) are both excited for the opportunity to become part of the Hoka Hey Family.
I know it’s going to be mentally and physically challenging, but I just want to finish and know I have done it, while experiencing everything previous riders have said the HHMC is to a rider. We are here for a good time not a long time and I am ready to battle the unknown; overcome my personal weaknesses; face fear and defeat; and find the courage and determination to finish.

The HHMC is about doing something to better someone else's life while enriching your own life ... I am ready to step up to the challenge and this is why I am riding to support Parkinson's Western Australia who will benefit from both Graham and my combined efforts.

My Dad passed away in 2017 from Parkinson's disease and I want to ride in memory of his life with a purpose to support Parkinson's Western Australia, a non-profit organization supporting those who are living with and who are effected by Parkinson's.


You can follow this epic journey via our Facebook group page at #teamaussiehhmc2020

#teamaussiehhmc2020


No comments:

Post a Comment