Sunday, July 12, 2020

Meet The New Rider Patrick Romeo # 988

  I am a husband (28 years), father (three girls) and grandfather (three grandsons and a granddaughter). I am also an Air Force veteran and retired firefighter, who now continues his public service career as a member of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Taking my motorcycle with me to my deployments (when possible), gives me an escape in my down time and allows me to explore new areas regularly. When I'm not working/riding, I enjoy traveling and spending time with my wife and family.
When asked why the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge , "Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Elliot  Expectations entering a challenge such as the HHMC for the first time,  To compete with integrity and finish safely with a respectable time. Stay hydrated and have fun
While doing an internet search on Long Distance Riding in 2014 I found the challenge.
What attracted me to want to ride such a tough challenge, "That it is about challenging yourself, not  challenging (racing) others."


The non-profit I will be supporting and why did you choose them? Resurrecting Lives Foundation ( http://www.resurrectinglives.org/  ). They are a foundation whose mission is "to coordinate & advocate for the successful transition to a post-military career & life for veterans with traumatic brain injury (TBI).", and have recently starting assisting First Responders as well. Founder and Chairwoman Dr. Chrisanne Gordon was also instrumental in making sure I received the treatment required during my own recover from injuries sustained as a firefighter. As a veteran, First Responder and recipient of Dr. Gordon's hard work and compassion, supporting Resurrecting Lives was an easy choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment