Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Meet The New Rider Carl Harris # 990

When I’m not riding, l enjoy going to the gym working out and maintaining my fitness. I also enjoy visiting my 77 year old mother and hearing her tell me story’s about her yard work adventures. 

                  First and foremost to accept the challenge and to see if l can ride with an Elite group of National motorcyclist from across the country.  Finishing the challenge in a top 10 or decent placing. Realistically, finishing the event safety without damage to my motorcycle or death to myself. The best advice I have been given, learn to read directions, and know where you are at all times. Mistakes are costly. Also, learn to sleep in the elements. I have to prepare myself mentally and physically for this unusual and demanding motorcycle challenge. None the likes l have ever taken. 
I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from Kenneth Andrews and Shareef Assadiq mentioned the challenge to me. After doing some research on my own, l felt l was potentially the caliber of rider to take and complete such a challenge.  Not just any rider can take this challenge. I love the fact that riders must have credentials and a resume in order to be considered for this challenge, it truly brings a level of credibility to the HHMC and to the title of “Elite” Riders.

 As an active member of The A.E.A.O.N.M.S. Prince Hall Shriners we have pledged to donate to the American Diabetes Association to support the Live Empowered®/African American educational initiative and study with the Association's Research Foundation grant program, both focused on helping African Americans better understand and manage their type 2 diabetes. And as an honorably retired service member, I will also be donating a portion to the Motorcycle Relief Project  (MRP), aimed at providing relief to military members and first responders with PTSD.








    No comments:

    Post a Comment