Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Meet The Rider Walter Ledig Rider # 290

     I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge at a H.O.G. rally  in Hammond La. I overheard two guys talking about riding from Key West to Homer, AK, and asked about it. It sounded like something I wanted to try. I had ben through 43 States over the years, but nothing like what they were describing.     I do a little Duck hunting and Goose Hunting in Canada every year, but mostly just ride motorcycles when I’m not working.

    Initially I just wanted to see if I could ride that far on secondary roads and sleep outside for that any days. Now, its gotten in my blood and I just have to give it a shot. I’ve been working out a little.   In 2016 I  hurt my back and was not able to complete the ride, so I decided to retire, but as this years ride kept getting closer I decided that I had to ride one more time.  Biggest supporters are my wife and a few friends, everyone else thinks we’re all crazy for attempting such a challenge.( they just don’t understand)



  My charity is Louisiana Adult and Teen Challenge, which exists to provide youth, adults and families with an effective residential, biblical based solution to life-controlling problems. They provide Free hope to every Addict in the State of Louisiana.

   2010,2011,2012,2013,2015 Memorial ride, 2016, 2017 Hillbilly Hotdog ride and this year, 2018 are the events I have participated in. The HHMC is now like part of my family. Large, diverse, fractured but still family. Seeing riders cross the finish line knowing they just completed something most can only dream about. Big Griff helping get my bike out of the barbed wire fence after I rode through the ditch and got tangled up.  Getting dehydrated and not knowing where I was in 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment