Friday, May 31, 2024

Meet The Rider # 961 Jack Dressler


 Hoka Hey 2.0 Being the last generation who grew up without computers and cell phones people now don’t even  know what a paper map is let alone know how to use them as well as the funky Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge turn by turn indiscretions given is a challenge all in its own. As a returning rider lessons learned, all the gear u packed get rid of 80% of it and u probably still have to much, light lights lights u will be riding at night, right gear for all weather as u are going to get wet. Needing to ware readers to read maps was the biggest issue to get the directions where I could see it without looking down or up lol. looking forward to riding the route where it all started so stoked. The HHMC camaraderie and friend ships made are lifelong. Most of the people that know have confirmed what I already knew that I’m pretty much nuts for doing what I do most don’t get it lol but accept me for who I am. I recognize each day as a gift to embrace what I love to do, and it is for that reason I intend to make the most of riding the Hoka Hey for the second time. 


 

So I’m ready to roll and excited to be part of the Hoka Hey brotherhood. primed to embark on me second challenge. My enthusiasm for this ride, the anticipation I feel, and the adrenaline rush of simply preparing for the challenge, “... the toughest ride for the toughest riders on earth…” are real and formidable. Decades spent in the saddle have prepared me to push through my own personal boundaries, to challenge my limits, and to overcome any of the hardships and adversities inherent of long-distance and solo riding. In my world “real” riding means longer hours, more challenging terrain, and journeys into the unknown demanding of unparalleled skill and endurance. Without question the Hoka Hey promises to be my longest, most challenging and most adventurous ride by far. I thrive on adventure, the rush of adrenaline, and the thrill of the unknown. Without a doubt the HHMC will be an unforgiving and gruelling battle of physical and mental will, endurance, strength, stamina, skill and focus. Definitely not a venture for those faint of heart or weak of spirit. But I’m ready and eagerly await this adventure with all of its’ potential challenges, obstacles and risks. I anticipate reaching that illustrious finish line with a much deserved and unique sense of pride, achievement and accomplishment, and many stays in the Hoka Hey hotel and roads that I have never seen.


Finally but not least of all, I have absolute respect and appreciation for the camaraderie of the riders, their willingness to support one another, and the inherent potential for newly forged friendships along the highways and byways of our journey. I will be raising money for The Canadian Cancer Society. Sadly, this cause is near and dear to many of us here.
HOKA HEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment