Sunday, May 19, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1088 Michelle Feddersen


Hey Ya’all!  I’m a native Iowan out wandering around looking for my new place of residence.  I’m known by a couple different names. Morning Bit@hes ( which comes from my daily attempts to give someone a much needed laugh everyday) and Rider of ... Richard (which is my 21 Indian Challenger). 2024 is my second time participating in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge.

2022 HHMC - Kiksuya which means Remember.
 Kiksuya means a lot to me. “Remember Me” was something my Mom would repeatedly say to me in her last couple years as she tried to fight cancer.  There wasn’t a day go by on that ride that I didn’t Remember my Mom saying those words. I learned about myself. I learned how much of a strong, determined woman my Mom raised as I finished in 10 days! The world you know and live in day to day, gets really quiet. It’s just you with your thoughts and your surrounds. No television. No work. No social media.  You are the only one who knows your physical and mental limits.



2024 HHMC- Chicnik Gehli means Many Thanks. We all have so many things to be thankful for!
My goal going into the 22’ challenge was to finish in 14 days and that will also be my goal for this year. My hopes for this year are to remember where I sleep every night and really SEE more of the exhilarating countryside that we will be traveling through. I love the “old school” aspects of riding the HHMC. Paper maps, no gps, no hotels, back country roads etc. It sure makes things interesting and creates fantastic memories with stories to tell.

My advice to new riders would be to stay Aware. Literally everything and everyone will be out to get you. Sleep when you start getting tired and sleep where you feel safe. Eat a good meal everyday and stay hydrated. Push yourselves and get out of your comfort zone. We all, including your friends and family want to see you cross that finish line in Homer, AK. We’ll be waiting to hear your story.  You can do it.

This year I’ll be riding for a charity dear to my heart.  Mile Monsters Inc. Monsters Inc. started in 2021 with a goal to Help Kids Live Their Best Life. We do this by competing in Epic Events and doing Epic shit on our Motorcycles.  We raise money to help kids with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Better known as DMD.  This terrible disease is a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy and it remains 100% Fatal. The Boys we help battle DMD daily and it is relentless.  That is why the Monsters have stepped in to help ease the burden of the family and show the world just how cool these kids are.  These boys have become family and we continue to push the limits to help them.  As long as they fight we will fight with them.  Helping these kids is what we do.  Epic Fashion is how we do it,  Thanks again for supporting us as we raise money for these kids, one mile at a time.

The Hoka Hey is where it all Started! 10,000 miles of back road riding as we work our way from Key West Florida to Homer Alaska!








No comments:

Post a Comment