Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1023 Keith Herve


Hello brothers and sisters,
2024 will mark my third Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I did complete the 2020 and 2022 Challenges. I live in Alaska and heard about the Hoka Hey from an Alaskan friend who attempted the first challenge in 2010, without success. At one point in my life, I had a home in Florida and one in Alaska and have done many motorcycle round trips back and forth so this distance was nothing new to me. The Hoka Hey gives me a purpose to explore the country.


The reasons I want to do it again are:
1. I have no idea where I am going until 5 am the morning of the start. The navigation challenge is
a big part of the adventure for me.
2. I know I am going to see parts of the country I would probably not explore on my own.
3. Finding a place to park and sleep with the bike makes for an interesting challenge and adds an
extra level of adventure.
4. Following a predetermined route is a great challenge and is probably the most exciting part for
me.
5. I want to finish faster than the 2022 challenge.
6. I enjoy the challenge of pushing myself to finish as fast as I can. It is an endurance challenge and
is a different riding style than my normal long-distance rides.
7. I have made some of my best friends in this challenge and look forward to expanding my riding
family.
My nonprofit is Shriners Childrens Hospital. I have been involved with Shriners for over 50 years.
Shriners Hospitals are the world leaders in childhood neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn
injuries and other special health care needs. All children are eligible for admission and there
is no charge to the family for the care.

Keith Herve's Avatar

Love To The Rescue donations can be made here


No comments:

Post a Comment