Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 894 Jeff Burrus


 My name is Jeff Burrus! I was born and raised in Rockford, Illinois, near the Wisconsin
border. I am married to my beautiful wife, Jenn, for 28 years. I am a father of 3 children and
have 2 grandchildren. I am a Navy veteran and currently I drive trucks for a living.
After my kids were grown, I was able to purchase a motorcycle that I would be able to ride long
distances comfortably. My first real excursion on the bike was an Iron Butt challenge around
Lake Michigan. The exhilaration of attempting to complete this was exactly what I wanted. I
was sore, wet, and stinky. It rained all day making for a miserable ride. I was hooked from that
day on. When I got home, my wife was of course worried, but relieved that I made it home safe.
There have been many more rides since, and she always worries when I am on the road.


I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in September of 2010. I read an article in
Cycle Source magazine. I told my wife I was going to compete in this race, and she said if that’s
what you want to do, get to it! I have followed along with every HokaHey ever since. Excited,
nervous, and ready to get to it as my wife would say. August 4th can’t come soon enough!



I am riding for St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. Simply said, family is important. When
your child is facing down a scary illness, like cancer, it tests your strength as a parent. St. Jude is
wonderful in that families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing, or food. That takes
the weight off the parent’s shoulders as they are helping their child through their ordeal. If you
would like to donate to this important cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment