Monday, May 27, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1012 Larry Robertson


I’m an enrolled member of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate, originally from the Lake Traverse Reservation in Northeast South Dakota, I’m a veteran and have four children and two grandchildren! I still have my two youngest that live with me currently in Albuquerque NM, I’ve been in public service all of my career starting in military as a Navy Corpsman, worked in EMS after leaving active duty. In August 2023, I retired from law enforcement after 32 years of service. Aside from riding I have several activities that I enjoy, I have several drones that I fly and do photography and videos from a different perspective.  I enjoy travelling by any means-bike, vehicle or plane and have been to many amazing places.


 
Many years ago, my friends and I heard about the first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge and I’m looking forward to ride again. This challenge will be my third; they’re not easy, but I did learn and look forward to the challenge again. The HHMC is addicting and more than just getting on a bike and going; it challenges me to stay on task, face the elements, leave behind comforts, work toward the goal of finishing and enjoying the ride in the process.


 
The words “Hoka hey” have a special meaning to me, to hear it gives me strength and there are people who read this that will know exactly what I’m speaking of. I will carry that as I make my way through each day of the HHMC. I have again chosen to ride for the families that  fallen Akicita have left behind. Throughout the years, I’ve known warriors who’ve made the ultimate sacrifice protecting their communities and they’re at peace; but the spouses and children must continue life without them and that’s who I ride for. Concerns of Police Survivors is the charity I have chosen here is the link and I encourage everyone to donate.
Please contact
 me if you have any questions or concerns.
Larry #1012




No comments:

Post a Comment