Friday, May 24, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1130 Chip Quay


Hello from eastern North Carolina,




I have been in the motorcycle world for most of my life. I have had all different types and brands. Now I ride a 2023 road glide. I was never more than the fair weather rider and never more than 200 miles in a day. But one day I found “my ride or die” partner. She is my pillion and it is fully possible that she likes to ride more than me. We were at our local HOG meeting and some of our friends were talking about IBA rides and we said that sounded like something that we could do. So that was the start of long distance riding for me.


 In 2021 there was a couple talking about Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. This sparked my interest, so I did some research and found that it was something that I wanted to do. I watched them both on fleet tracker Gregg Szakmeister #1056 and Jeff Hallquist #1082. To hear their stories from their challenge has given me the motivation to really get involved with this. Additionally, Jim Sharp #1204, a good friend of mine, has shared stories of his family’s Hoka Hey history which inspired me even more. We went to weekend @ Steve’s and met some other members and it was a great experience and so welcoming that I look forward to meeting the rest of you at the start line Chip Quay #1130.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment