Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1119 Rocky Sheaffer


Rocky Sheaffer Hoka Hey Rookie #1119.
Age: 54
Hometown: Cabot, Pennsylvania (My Hometown about 1 Hour North of Pittsburgh)
Married to my Best Friend Carol for 32 Years Unique fact we were actually Married on Leap
Year 2/29/1992
We have no children except for our Very Spoiled Pets Brandi a 10 year old Sheppard Mix, Sami
our 15 year old spoiled House Kitty, and Mittens our 4 Year old Wild and Crazy outside Cat. Our
Household also consists of my Wonderful supportive Mother in Law Connie and my Brother In
Law Rusty.
I work Full time for Limbach Company as a Special Projects Manager. We primarily perform
HVAC, Plumbing, and Controls Work for Healthcare and Mission Critical Customers. I am very
Fortunate to have the Full Support of this Awesome Company for My Hoka Hey Journey in
2024.


I grew up in a Foster Home due to some severe heath challenges I had growing up. And
although sometimes those are not the best situations, I was lucky enough to have Great Foster
Parents that were both supportive and loving in a stable home for my entire childhood with
them. My passion for Motorcycles began at the age of 7 when my Foster Dad bought me a
Honda Z50. It was in fact on that very mini bike I got pulled over my very first time for
unauthorized operation on a public highway. This particular office and I became very good
friends as a result of that encounter and until his passing several years ago kept in touch. It
wasn’t until around my 17th birthday that I started riding motorcycles more seriously. And from
then on I always had a motorcycle of some sort in the garage. My passion for the open road
only grew with time and now is often referred to as an obsession. I have participated in
different Challenges throughout the last few years such a Tour of Honor which allowed me to
expand my long distance efforts and actually secure a 1st Place Trophy for Pennsylvania and 10th
place overall finish in 2023. I completed my First Certified IBA Ride SS1K In 2022 and my most
recent BB1500 in 2024 and continue to hone my Long Distance skills with the help of many
seasoned veterans I have become friends with along the way.



Around 2019 my curiosity about bigger things began to spark and though following The Hoka
Hey Motorcycle Challenge and Iron Butt Rally I began to want for more in my Riding life. I am
fortunate to have a Close friend and Mentor in Rob Keller who has a long history with Hoka
Hey. After several conversations about Hoka Hey with Rob during different local events, and
hearing all of his Inspiring stories I decided that I wanted to give it my Best and Apply for the
2024 Challenge. Now that I have been accepted I am looking forward to this ride of a lifetime
and all that it holds in store for me.


As part of my 2024 Hoka Hey Challenge I have chosen Two Charities that are near and dear to
me. I have always chosen to Honor our Veterans, Active Military, and Fallen Soldiers. By riding
in different events honoring those that have done so much for us and allow us to enjoy the
Freedoms that we have. To that end I have chosen a local organization “Hero’s Angels” as one
of my 2024 Charities. Hero’s Angels is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization that raises money and
shows our appreciation for Deployed Troops and Other veterans by sending Care Packages to
them during their deployments. Hero’s Angels is run completely by Volunteers and their
Mission is dear to me.
Heros Angels Page 

 My qrcode
My second Charity of Choice is Mile Monsters Inc. Mile Monsters Inc. is a Non Profit 501c3
which hopes to Inspire and Motivate people to join us. We compete in crazy challenges and
races to raise both awareness and money to fight Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) DMD is
a very aggressive form of MD which typically affects young boys. It attacks their muscle groups
and will take their ability to climb stairs, run and even walk. It is our hope that by competing in
seemingly impossible events we can help these kids! We just want the kids to be kids. We work
very hard to showcase these kids. They may need some special equipment or Hero Hauling vans
to get them around town. Or they may need a new game console. It could be all they need is a
Biker in their corner. Whatever they need, we work to get. We support both the kids and the
families affected by DMD. WE ARE CHARITY RIDERS WHO STRIVE TO MOTIVATE AND INSPIRE!
Mile Monsters Inc.
HH24/Rocky Sheaffer
Facebook Profile page
I look forward to the Starting Line on Daytona and all the challenges along the open Road.
Rocky Sheaffer,
Hoka Hey Rookie #1119



No comments:

Post a Comment