Monday, May 20, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1160 Brad Phelps


My name is Brad Phelps. I am 46 years old and I live in Homer, Alaska. I am the owner and operator of Bullet Proof Welding and Fabrication. My passion for riding motorcycles began at age 4 years old when my parents put me on a motorcycle for the first time. Along with a passion for riding motorcycles, I also have a deep passion for traveling, hunting, camping and seeing the world. I have been to 49 states, 13 countries , and 42 states on a motorcycle.



I first learned about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge when I saw the 2010 finish line in Homer, AK and attended the end of the road party. A long time friend of mine, William “Olde” Pettersen, had participated in the event and filled me in with the details and highly recommended that I consider riding the HHMC. As my interest grew, I also watched finishers cross the finish line in 2014. Since then, I have been waiting for my opportunity to ride in the HHMC to the finish line in my hometown of Homer. So I applied in 2023 and was accepted for the 2024 challenge. My reasons for wanting to complete the HHMC are that I love riding long distances for weeks on end. I prefer planning my rides without the use of interstates and I am not a fan of using GPS to navigate my way. The Hoka Hey presents these challenges and obstacles that interest me and I am up to face those challenges. I am not out to prove to anyone other than myself that I can overcome the challenges and make it home safely in a timely manner.



The Last Frontier Honor Flight is the non-profit organization that I have chosen to raise money for. My goal is to raise $25,000 to aid in sending Alaskan Veterans on The Honor Flight Trip to Washington DC to experience the memorials built in their honor and thank them for their service. I have built and raffled a motorcycle lift and several mini-scoots as my fundraising efforts. I am the Director of the American Legion Riders Chapter 16 in Homer, and I have a vested interest in supporting our local veterans in Alaska.
Please Venmo @Brad-Phelps-1160

Last Frontier Honor Flight page




No comments:

Post a Comment