Friday, May 24, 2024

Meet The Rider # 956 Julie Sirey



 My name is Julie "Raindrop" Sirey. I have one amazing daughter & son-in-law, and now an amazing grandson as well. I am an accountant for the last 20 something years (but I'm only 26). I have a great passion for what I do & love it greatly. I love riding and thankfully I live in Texas so I can ride most of the year. But when I can't ride I love to read books, mostly Stephen King, or do cross stitch… or just watch movies and relax. I also love driving Buster, my 2015 Hellcat. But he's one that I drive minimal to save miles & hope to increase his value (retirement plans). He's only got 6,000 miles on him. I'm more of a loner, live in a tiny town in the country, & I enjoy my solitude, but I have many friends I do enjoy my time with as well. It’s hard to be “crazy” lol.




I watched a few friends participate in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in 2018 & 2020 and it just “spoke” to me. I was blessed to participate in 2022. I went into the Challenge looking for one thing after 2 significant deaths in my life, but I came out of the experience with something different. I always say “I went in for one reason, but came out with what I needed”. I also came out of the Challenge with an extended family I never knew I would have. It has been amazing! I am returning this year to work on my “story” of life, to grow, to help someone else in life- whatever I may be called to do.


I started riding for Mile Monsters Inc in 2023 after learning about them in the 2022 Hoka Hey Challenge. I was losing my passion for riding and this gave me a new love, desire, and purpose. The Monsters ride for Heros who are afflicted with DMD, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. DMD is a rare aggressive form of Muscular Dystrophy that impacts boys and at this time and is still 100% fatal. This disease attacks their muscle groups and takes their ability to climb stairs, run, and eventually even walk- usually between the ages of 9-11. We strive to do everything we can to help them live an EPIC life. We ride to get them their needs no matter what they are- special equipment, a Hero Hauler van to get them to appointments and anywhere out of the house, travel to get to special needed appointments to help them stay walking as long as possible…. The list is endless. These Heros saved this one individual, I will do everything I can to help them in their fight. https://givebutter.com/HH24/julieraindropsirey

No comments:

Post a Comment