Sunday, May 12, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1218 Dale Liechty


My name is Dale Liechty, rider number 1218. I grew up in Northern Indiana and started riding motorcycles at 15 years old. I then went on to compete in Flat track racing for 5 years till I had to get a real job. My real job was as a police officer for the next 28 years. After I retired I started training police officers overseas for several years. In the mid 1990's I started doing long distance motorcycle trips. I've rode the SCMA Fours Corners ride twice, one time clockwise and once counter clockwise. I've also did several Iron Butt  rides, with one of the best rides being with a friend when we did the Key West to Prudhoe Bay Alaska ride, I also completed the Iron Butt Rally in 2017.


I’ve heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge since it first started and always wanted to take part in the challenge and I'm looking forward to attempting it this year. My goal is to finish the challenge in time to take part in the party. 


The charity I've chosen is Camp Quality Kentuckian which allows children from Kentucky and Indiana with cancer to go to a camp for a week. My reason for choosing the Camp Quality charity is my daughter is the Director of Nursing for the Camp Quality. Prior to Covid our local Blue Knights motorcycle group would go to Camp Quality for one afternoon and take the kids on motorcycle rides. Any money I raise will go to help send more kids with cancer to camp for a week.






No comments:

Post a Comment