Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1121 Paula Welborn


 Hi Y’all,
My name is Paula Welborn, aka Twang (y’all will understand as soon as you talk to me)
Hoka Hey rookie #1121. I’m 65 yrs young and have been married to the love of my life,
Jackie, for the last 18 years. Between us we have 3 sons, a daughter, 8 granddaughters and
2 grandsons. I’m a retired paramedic, worked in EMS for 12 years and spent 2 years working
as a medic on offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
I got my first bike, a 99 Custom Softail, rode it for about 3 months and took off for the
Laughlin River run with some friends, camping along the way. I had found my stress relief
from the highs and lows of the job! I planned numerous trips (all before GPS) saw some of
our amazing country and was gone as much as possible and loved every minute. Life
happens and I got away from the longer rides and camping.



I found out about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge because I saw a guy’s patch in a gas station and looked it up. I thought how amazing participating in it would be! I met a couple, the Cohen’s, on their
bike and found out I could track riders while on their journey and followed them and a couple of others during 2020. In 22 I followed my friend, Julie “Raindrop” Sirey and along with another riding buddy was waiting for her at the finish line. I knew after talking to other riders that I had to do it.


I will be riding for Mile Monsters Inc. a Non-Profit 501c3 that raises money for kids with
Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), a very aggressive form of MD which typically
affects young boys. It attacks their muscle groups and will take away their ability to climb
stairs, run and even walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment