Thursday, June 16, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 1027 Cheyenne Beatty

 


My name is Cheyenne Beatty, Hoka Hey rider 1027, from Owenton, Ky.  I’m 54 years old. I have been married for 21 years. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 20 years. I love exploring God’s creation any way I can but, especially while riding long distances on my bike. I ride 10 to 15,000 miles a year usually incorporating Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. I wish that number was higher but, I work a lot and enjoy supporting my family in their endeavors. I am Iron Butt Association member number: IBA72997. I’ve ridden in 43 states and Canada. Other than riding, my interests are: God, family, traveling and any outdoor adventures. While my family and friends are incredibly supportive, they just don’t understand. I try to explain it’s like Cannonball Run meets Amazing Race. I crave the solitude, freedom, adventure, and comradery. You could say I have a “Seize the day”, “We’re not getting out of here alive” approach to living life. This fits perfectly with the Hoka Hey, “It’s a good day to die” moto. I prefer great experiences over great possessions.

I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in 2009, when I rode from Kentucky to Key West, FL.  I stopped at a Harley Davidson dealership where, I saw a man laying out some Hoka Hey patches on a vest. I’m always up for a challenge or new adventure especially on my motorcycle. As soon as I got home, I started researching the Challenge. I even completed an application! Then life happened, and it just didn’t work out. In 2015, I was able to participate in the Memorial Ride. Getting to meet some of the riders and organizers was great! More than 100 riders riding as one group over 500 miles from Red Cloud, NE into the Black Hills of South Dakota!

 I was finally able to officially participate for the first time in 2020. Once being accepted, I became obsessed. I read every printed word and watched every video I could find on the Challenge. I was trying to learn as much as possible in a short period of time. My attempt was cut short so I have unfinished business you might say. I have also attended the Annual Taco Run in Medicine Park, OK 2021, 2022 and the Hoka Hey Rendezvous in Seguin, TX in 2021. Where I received the Honor award. What an incredible experience topped only by the people involved! It truly is a Hoka Hey family. Supporting each other and meeting to ride and riding to meet regardless of the distance.

Like most everyone else, the best advice I have received is ride your own ride and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I would also add, take pictures, and enjoy every minute.

 

My chosen charity this year is the Kentucky National Guard Memorial which is a 501(c) (3) non-profit charity. The mission is to honor the memory of those men and women of the Ky National Guard who perished in the line of duty in service to our Country and Commonwealth. I joined the Ky Army National Guard when I was 17 and served for 6 years as a helicopter powertrain technician and later worked as a DOD contractor on National Guard fixed wing aircraft for 14 years supporting their missions at home and abroad. I feel a deep sense of pride for being associated with such great professionals and consider many of them family.


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment