Saturday, June 4, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 1001 Kory Wilson

 


I grew sitting on the gas tank of my dad’s CB750 hanging on to them bars with a grin- until Santa dropped that Z50R off when I was five years old. Come the age of 16, I’d had all sizes of dirt bikes- and a Honda Rebel 250 now had my name on it. My first brand new vehicle was a 1999 Valkyrie when I was 20 years old, she was also my last metric cruiser. You’ll see a picture taken by one of my most favorite people, my 88 year old Grandmama- in the same spot at her house- once on that Valkyrie and again when I was 37 years old. I adore her, and her support for my main hobby. I am a former forward observer for artillery with the U.S. Army- specifically on the Brigade Reconnaissance Team, who went on to become a Land Surveyor in the private sector. Last but not least, the super proud dad to a 14 dance-aholic named Kinley Jean!Between the military, surveying and a mere passion for riding I have been more places than many, but not as many as some. As keeping with tradition- I expect this years Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge to take me to places that I would have never found on my own. I admire the passion, respect, ground pounding and bantering with good taste of each Hoka Hey Rider that I have met whether at the 2020 Challenge, on the road together, at get togethers or simply sharing a meal. Hoka Hey is family. This year, because of the enormous amount of respect that I have for the men and women that have endured non stop efforts, I will also be riding to raise money for Mile Monsters Inc. . My hat is truly off to the entire team. I expect to be tired, hot, cold, confused, happy, angry, sad, wet and lost- but smiling for all of 10,000 miles during the 2022 Hoka Hey Challenge. I look forward to seeing everyone on the line! 


No comments:

Post a Comment