Monday, June 20, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1048 James Mooney

 


My name is James Mooney, rider #1048. Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI

                    U.S. Navy veteran, 1979-83 Aircraft Mechanic. USS Coral Sea CV-43

In my off time I enjoy playing music. I am an emerging one man band playing swamp rock and blues. My dream is playing on a cruise ship as an act and seeing the world again. I only went half way around the world twice. Music has always been a part of my life and enjoy seeing and meeting people with like minds.

Being a biker and enthusiast the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is the missing link in my adventure of this life. When I heard about it I was intrigued to do it. I thought it would be something I needed to do to fill the void. The answers are out there. The growth of opportunities are everywhere in life and finding the unique self-care journey is what I think I need. 

The advice I have received from HHMC riders have been very helpful. The best one yet is to be found within our self. Ride your ride, use your skills, don’t second guess and enjoy. To say least is yet to be seen.

The only obstacles I foresee are the ones that are uncontrolled from outside of means to prevent. We will adjust fire accordingly. But if had to be honest with myself its riding at night. Sometimes what you can’t see is better than the other. Especially with parts unknown and unfamiliar roadways.

I would like to thank Bill Ryan #895 for educating me on this event. I met Bill on an  IBR last year and frequently ride with the IMRG throughout the past year. He told me about the ride well, I asked about the patch and the rest is going to be history. Thank you Mr. Ryan

I will be riding for donations for my chosen charity St. Jude. This is one of the most forgiving causes that I think makes a difference for the parents to take care of the cancer stricken child and not worry who or how they can afford to make due during a terrible time of their life. If you can help every little bit will all go to the St. Judes Foundation.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment