Monday, June 13, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1104 Zeb Danner


To start off, I am not very good at  talking about myself. I am a Veteran, and my wife and I have a mixed family. All of our kids are grown(over the age of 21). I work in the Cell Tower Industry. When I am not at work or riding Motorcycles, I have a small shop and I work on, and re-build Motorcycles. I am a tinker and work with my hands a lot . I have done some wood working and building things for the house or the kids. My kids consider me a repair man. I enjoy hunting, and anything outside. Sometimes It’s just nice to sit on the front porch, smoke a cigar, drink some fine whiskey and watch the world go by.

  The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge has been some thing that I have wanted to do since I first read about it. I consider it an honor to ride for something that matters. As well, I like to challenge myself. One question Junie asked me during the application process that has stuck in my head is, “Why pay to ride 10,000 miles and not just go ride 10,000 miles?” I have often thought about this and one thing I know about me, is I will think about riding it on my own, but never actually accomplish it, or commit to doing so. Since I have committed to this challenge, and it will also benefit people from where I come from, I will truly enjoy participating in something that will benefit others. 

I am from Chadron, Nebraska originally. I went to school with people who had moved to Chadron, from Pine Ridge. I am expecting to push myself in such manner as I did during Basic Training for the U.S. Army. I didn’t know I was capable of what I learned I could do during Basic Training. I am looking for that same growth, and self-awareness that came from that. I believe the HHMC will help me to become a better, stronger and more self-reliant person. As well, I hope to help someone along the way and maybe accept help from someone else through out this challenge. I like to learn and I expect that I have a lot to learn about the challenge, myself, and most of all the people around this great country. I have already learned through doing the small courses given to us during the rendezvous this past May, that I will need to pay a lot more attention to detail when following the directions. I have also learned from Lumpe, that I need to ride my ride and open my eyes to the people, towns and places we pass through.

 I have recently had reconstructive surgery on my left shoulder. It has set me back quite a bit more then I thought it would with my mobility. I am trying to be patient and do the physical therapy prescribed and not rush it. I haven’t ridden since November 8th. I am working on the mobility and following the doctor’s guidance. With that and a bit of strong will, I will overcome and adapt to it. My mother died this past year. One of the last conversations I had with her was about the Hoka Hey. I described everything to her as best as I could. She looked at me and said, “You and Amanda, must do this. It truly sounds like something you should do, and with our heritage, you will be honoring many generations from our past.” I am truly looking forward to the Hoka Hey.

 

We will be riding to benefit Mental Health

No comments:

Post a Comment