Sunday, June 19, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1111 Crush Estrada

 


My name is Crush Estrada.  I grew up in rural Oklahoma, deep in the woods, where I spent my time hunting, fishing, and exploring every inch of our 360 acres and beyond.  My family was known in the area so I was able to roam through thousands of acres.  I starting my lifetime of riding with a Shetland pony as soon as I could hang on.  He was a mean MF, hard to catch, and even harder to ride, but I always rode him bare back.  My first motorcycle came at 9 years old – a Honda CL90.

 

After graduating high school, I went right into the Air Force.  A normal job was not the life I was seeking – I needed to be knee deep in protecting my country.  The Air Force really doesn't have a long list of badass jobs, but I found my calling in Special Operations as an MH53J helicopter gunner.  In that role I traveled the entire globe, supporting our Special Ops brothers from other branches in places no one talks about.  In every country I set foot in, I tried to get away and explore, taking the back grounds, getting lost, and stumbling into little towns no one has ever heard of.  Exploring served me well, and I even found myself at the Berlin wall at the exact moment it started to fall.  I have such fond memories of the places I experienced and the people I met along the way.

Heinz is my wife's God Father. Once he participated in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge I wanted to as well. I look up to him and have great respect for Heinz.

 

Riding is a huge part of my life, and I ride almost daily.  My bike “Raven” has close to 140k miles and has taken me all over Arizona, down countless back roads in Mexico from tip of Baja and to the Yucatan peninsula, and many trips across the USA.  My wife also rides, and we love to be side by side, matching throttles.  There is nothing better than sharing the sights and memories of the road and the land with my best friend and love of my life. 

 

I have always been a back road get-lost kind of guy.  The chance to see the entire country this way is something not everyone will have the chance to attempt in their lifetime.  I have native blood, and raising awareness of our people is an honor and a privilege.  I will take full advantage of this opportunity with a strong spirit and an open heart.  I want to earn number #978.


 

ASU Autism/Asperger's research program
https://go.dojiggy.io/zoowalk/Campaign/Details
Southwest Autism research and resource ceter
https://gofund.me/d63c38d1

No comments:

Post a Comment