Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1098 Mike Lamb

 

  


Two things I really enjoy are riding my motorcycle and hanging out with my lovely bride Baby Doll (Kelley). I live a blessed life since Baby Doll enjoys riding her motorcycle also, so we get to ride together as often as we like. Living in Texas affords us a year round riding season. My riding history has primarily been motorcycle tourism, traveling Texas and America seeing the sights, and short local trips with friends for a good meal. When I’m not riding, I enjoy hanging out in my shop, working on motorcycles and welding projects.

   I remember in 2014, when I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, thinking that those folks are nuts…and now 8 years later, after having evolved into a long distance rider, I’m one of those folks. What I am looking forward to most about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is the challenge of my physical, mental and emotional ability to overcome obstacles and finish the ride. I’ve received some of the normal advice, “ride your own ride”,  “focus on riding and sleeping”. Both are great advice, but I’m looking forward to experiencing the camaraderie, trying to understand the significance of the lands that I ride through, meeting some local folks along the way, while trying to get to the finish line before the End of the Road Party!

  I will be riding for and raising money for Mile Monsters Inc.. To quote Riot, our fearless leader, “We are Motorcycle endurance riders committed to raising both awareness and money to fight Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.  Duchenne is a very aggressive form of MD and typically affects young boys.  It attacks their muscle groups and will take their ability to climb stairs, run and even walk. it is our hope that by competing in seemingly impossible challenges that we can help these kids! We just want the kids to be kids.  They may need some special equipment or Hero Hauling vans to get them around town.  We support both research and the needs of the families affected by Duchenne.  We want the kids to live their best life and know they have a Monster fighting for them.” Goat, Turbo, Drew, Alfie…I’ll be thinking about and praying for y’all as I ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment