Sunday, June 12, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1103 Nathan Mc Guire

 


My name is Nathan “Sparkz” McGuire, rider #1103. I have been on motorcycles since I was young. I went from a 1986 Honda 100 Trail bike through several other bikes up to my current bike 2012 H-D Dyna Switchback. I mainly rode metric bike until 2015. I got into long distance riding back in 2019 when I went to Reef and KSolo’s Ride to Eat in Hammond, LA. I served in the Army as a welder for 11 years. During my time in the Army, I was stationed in Germany, Virginia, Korea and Texas. With a field trip to Liberia in the fight against Ebola. I have been a member of Full Tilt Riders MC since 2015. When I am not out riding, I am spending time with the family or in the garage making things out of old motorcycle parts.

What brought me to the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge?  I first heard about the Hoka Hey at Reef and KSolo’s Ride to Eat in Hammond, LA. I saw the patches I asked what it was about and instantly I was hooked. I was hooked not just because of the ride but seeing how everyone interacted with each other and listening to the stories. The ride intrigued me quite a bit. The concept of having a unplugged ride meaning back to an old school ride fascinates me. When I started looking into the Hoka Hey I asked people what I should expect I had a plethora of answers. The first answer that really stuck with me is during the ride I will find out what I am made of as a rider as I will be tested by not just my endurance but mental agility. The second one is during the ride you will mentally gain some clarity.

The charity that I am riding for is Mile Monsters Inc.. The reason I chose Mile Monsters is that I want to be able to help these kids live their best life.

Facebook Rider Page: www.facebook.com/adventureswithsparkz1103 Instagram: www.instagram.com/adv_with_sparkz/ 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment