Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1075 Matt Scott

 


My name is Matt Scott and I am 36. I started riding around the same age that I started driving. My father had a motorcycle that he built in the seventies and I fell in love with motorcycles. My father would tell stories about people riding coast to coast trying to beat each others times and trying to be the fastest. I became obsessed with the thought of long distance riding and stretching that last drop of fuel as far as I could. I made many trips back and forth to Florida from Ohio on a motorcycle with no windshield in my early years. I quickly learned that I wanted a windshield and warm riding gear. Florida might be one hundred and ten degrees but Ohio might be twenty degrees when I get home!
       In 2012 I got married to my lovely wife Melissa, and in 2013 we opened a motorcycle shop for parts & repairing H-D motorcycles together. This in turn takes up most of my time. I ride motorcycles every day, but its usually a customers bike and it usually has a problem that I'm trying to find. After many years of working on others bikes I decided this was the year to get back to my roots and start long distance riding again. I had been following the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge for a few years and decided that I want to test myself and my motorcycle this year.
       In my off time I enjoy spending time with my family, watching movies, fishing, canoeing, camping and reading books about engine dynamics. Mostly, I spend my time thinking about motorcycles, reading about motorcycles, watching videos about motorcycles, working on motorcycles and riding motorcycles.
       I am not really sure of my expectations for the HOKA HEY motorcycle challenge. It is my first challenge of this magnitude. My plan for this challenge is mainly to finish. I have spent countless hours prepping myself and the motorcycle for this so if everything goes as planned, the bike will make the trip...….hopefully. I know I will have to overcome a few obstacles during The HOKA HEY. I will take them as they come and try to get over them the best I can and move on. That is really all I can do. ONE DAY AT A TIME! I know being away from my family is one obstacle I will have to overcome from the start.
       The best advice I have been given is where to put my directions during the challenge. I printed out an old set of directions and test fitted them on my motorcycle. I was told to look out for deer, elk, moose, alligators, tires (alligators), cars, trucks, dogs, sheep, raccoons, opossums, dragons and distracted drivers!! Which I plan on watching for all of them!!!
       This year I am riding for a great group of people from Minerva, Ohio called H3 or Hogs Helping Heros! We ride together because they stood together. They are a group of passionate motorcyclists, who started with the vision of one Veteran to help his fellow Veterans and their families. Their goal is to reach as many of their brothers and sisters who have been affected by PTSD, Illnesses and other physical and financial situations as they can.NO ONE IS ALONE IN THEIR FIGHT! They are an organization that provides a place for Veterans and their families to come for assistance with things that are beyond their financial and/or physical needs. They sponsor, host, and participate in events and activities that promote the fight against Veteran suicide and the issues that lead up to it. Please help support this group with me!

 
HOGS HELPING HEROES
2599 FOX AVE SE
MINERVA,OHIO
44669
Tel.(330) 205-8439
H3Admin@hogshelpingheroes.org
To donate, Please visit:
https://cash.app/$H3minerva
https://www.paypal.com/qrcodes/venmocs/5813b7de-d4b8-44f3-90b7-3167c4df0085?created=1654011408
I would like to thanks all my sponsors that helped me this year!
*BENCH ELECTRIC- ALLIANCE, OHIO
*BULLOOKA TRANSPORT- ALLIANCE, OHIO
*CARVERS SCREEN PRINTING- SEBRING, OHIO
*CLASSIC AMERICAN THUNDER CYCLE- BELOIT, OHIO
*DUNLOP TIRES
*ED REICHENBACH- NORTH GEORGETOWN,OHIO
*FLY RACING
*HOMEWORTH FAB - HOMEWORTH, OHIO
*HOTRODS BODY SHOP- ALLIANCE, OHIO
*JAMIE WOOLEY - CANTON, OHIO
*LECTRIC LIGHTING CO
*MARTY GREEN- SNAP-ON TOOLS
*NELSON-RIGGS
*SCORPION EXO
*U-CLEAR DIGITAL
*WISECO PISTONS
*ZIR VESTS
AND SPECIAL THANKS TO JERAMI HAWS FROM HARD DRIVE/WESTERN POWERSPORTS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment