Sunday, June 5, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1096 Sandra Wallace

 

What do you like to do for fun when you are not riding?

I like spending time hanging out with family and friends. I’m a pretty good cook, so I entertain at my house often. I also like doing yard work: cutting grass, planting trees and flowers. Also. I do a bit of gardening, there’s nothing like growing your own vegetables. I have a black Labrador Retriever named Harley Black that keeps me fit with long walks and playing fetch.

Why do you want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge?

I love to ride! The passion I have for riding continues to get stronger as I challenge myself. After hearing about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, I was glued to my phone: watching videos, reading blogs, and talking to riders. It really encouraged me to get more riding outside of my comfort zone. I even started camping with my motorcycle just to see how I like it, and I realized that this is something I really want to do. I want to set an example for other lady riders of color.

What are your expectations entering a challenge such as the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge for the first time? Not only for yourself but from the challenge.

First off, I expected to finish! Being a fist time rider, I’m going to expect the unexpected. I want to ride the challenge the way it’s supposed to be ridden: with honor and integrity like past riders have ridden.

What is the best advice you have been given about riding the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge?

Some of the best advice I received is that it is a CHALLENGE! with that being said, it put me in the right perspective. Advice from KSolo DaRyder, “get off the highway and get on them backroads!” I have ridden way more backroads this year then ever before and I couldn't believe I was missing out on a lot of cool scenery, not to mention some great places to stop and smell the roses.

Do you have to overcome any obstacles to ride the challenge? What are they? How do you in-tend to overcome them?

After a motorcycle accident I had in April of 2017 that left me with a severely broken ankle, l had to learn how to walk again. Once I was able to walk, my focus went to getting back on a motor-cycle. I watch videos on riding a motorcycle every night to get my mindset back. It took almost a year before my body was right but, once I got back on, I never looked back. Getting back to the gym to get my body back in tip top riding shape will be a challenge in itself.

How did you hear about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge?

I heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from Facebook on KSolo DaRyder and Shareef AsSadiq pages because I follow them on their journey.

I will be riding for Juvenile Diabetes.  I loss my goddaughter and niece to Juvenile Diabetes! I want to bring attention to the fact that young children do need to take their medicine and be aware of their diet.

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment