Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 1024 Jeff Larsen


 One of my earliest memories is of riding with my dad on his 1946 Harley Knucklehead.  You could say that I've been hooked on motorcycles ever since.  The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge had been on my bucket list for years and I'm thankful for the opportunity to participate with so many great riders.  My goal is simple, to finish safely and within the time requirements.  At the age of 65 and being retired, an adventure like Hoka Hey keeps life interesting.  Over the years motorcycles enabled me to see many interesting places including a lot of remote areas of northern Canada and Alaska with my friend and fellow Hoka Hey rider Keith Herve. This will be my second Hoka Hey Challenge.  The first was in 2020.  It was interesting how we coped with all the covid closures and mandates. The best part was all the new places and scenery we passed through.  The worst was being tired, riding through the twistys at night in the rain. The Hoka Hey family is awesome.  I spent 26 years in the Air Force and Air National Guard, both in the enlisted and officer ranks. Most of that time was as a navigator on KC-135 air refueling tankers.  It was a great job that provided worldwide travel.   The biggest joy in my life is family, and the time I can spend with my 10 year old grandson Keven and my grown children Nici, Ben, his wife Kristen, and Kyle. My brothers are avid motorcyclists and we do motorcycle camping trips at least a couple times per summer.  I'm thankful for the support of my family and my lady Patti in this endeavor.  Fundraising will be for the Shriner's hospitals for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment