Monday, June 20, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1112 Craig Johnson


 "I am Craig Johnson, also know as “Wild Ass Craig”.  I have worked in the Motorcycle industry nearly 3 decades and I am now the owner of Wild Ass seats.  

 

Living near Brainerd, MN, I am engaged to Renae and we have a combined 4 great adult children.  Her and I met at the racetrack and our girls became friends even before we really got to know each other.  

 

I grew up with dirt bikes and raced most of the way through my 20’s.  Dirt bike racing continued with my children, who both became great riders.  In my own riding, my Dad and uncle Marty were my main mechanics, and I became the one who seemed to be able to find the weak point of any machine whether it was a motorcycle, or a snowmobile…  Through all of the carnage, I have always been blessed with a great family support system with just one job to do…  “Shut up and Ride!”

 

New to the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge , I am excited for the opportunity to take part in the ’22 running where we will continue the “Dad is my mechanic” program.  I will be riding my trusty 2001 Road King that he has been tasked with having ready for the ride as I continue to travel to events for business.  This is my first Harley and the bike I blame for teaching me how to slow down and enjoy life as it really has the ability to do nothing great other than make you enjoy a nice cruise at a normal human pace.  This bike is the show/display bike and is all painted up with the Wild Ass colors and I am looking forward to putting on the miles it deserves.  

 

Always proud of where I live, I will be riding for the Aurora Lodge #100 of the Masons in Brainerd, MN.   More specifically, their Scholarship Program, which supports students from the 5 small towns closest to where I live.  This will give money directly to the students to further their education in whatever fields they choose to better them selves in.  We have set a goal of $10,000, which would be the most they have raised, but it only seems fitting to match a 10,000 mile motorcycle ride.

 

For 7 years, I have been the guy saying that I have the best cushion in the world, and I am looking forward to proving it this year.  Working the “Show life” has been a major hurdle in getting any miles on the bike since the founding of Wild Ass and that is no different this year.  As I type this bio for Junie in early May, I have a total of 40 miles on the bike in 2022 and just twelve non event working days between now and the start.  This cushion will be what gets me through!

 

Always up for a challenge, I look forward to the events in South Dakota leading up to the start and seeing all of the friends that I have made that are a part of the Hoka Hey Family.   Hearing the stories from all of the finishers I can’t wait to see what mine will be as I roll in to the finish line in 2022."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment