Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1106 Bill Lynn

 

 


My name is Bill Lynn and I currently live-in sunny Florida and work at Gator Harley Davidson in Leesburg Fl in shipping and receiving.  I’ve been there since Sep 2015 and have decided to call it quits and retire full time in March 2022.  I also retired from the USAF after 22 years then started my 2nd career with the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office in SC. After retiring from the sheriff’s office, we moved to Florida.

Living in Florida we enjoy going to the beaches but avoid going into the water, to many shark bites. I’ll leave that for the tourists, and I don’t even think of going into the lakes or rivers, to many alligators. We only swim in a body of water that has a cement bottom…our pool. My wife and I enjoy traveling and seeing other places.


 

I want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge because it’s hard and it’s going to be a challenge. I tell my friends about it, and they all say I’m crazy. I want to ride and finish it knowing I’ve done something not very many people have done, and I hope one day to encourage others to step out of their comfort zone and do something very few have done.

I know the ride will be hard. Everyday riding and navigating where you’re going hoping not to get lost. I can imagine how great the feeling will be once I’ve successfully finished.

Best advice I think I’ve gotten was to ride your ride, don’t let someone tell you how to do this and enjoy the experience.


 

In March 2021 my wife and I rode to Daytona Beach for bike week. We met a guy from South Africa who was wearing Hoke Hey back patches. I never heard of it and asked him about it. The thing he told me I remember most was that the Hoka Hey will forever change the way you ride and the way you think about riding. That night I went online and registered.

 

I will be riding for the Gary Sinise Foundation donations can be made here! Thank You for Your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment