Thursday, June 28, 2018

Meet The Rider Kurt Kvennjorde # 789

2013 Challenge, 2014 Challenge, 2015 Memorial Ride, 2016 Challenge, 2017 Hillbilly Hot dog,  Riding the  2018.
 
Kurt was born in Drammen, Norway 1962 has three Children 1985, 1988 & 1989, with my soulmate Rita Helen. In addition to two fantastic grandchildren.

 

In 2001 I left Norway and went to Houston TX and founded a company RigNet Inc. Texas is where I first started to Ride Harleys, every weekend I rented a bike and was Riding from Friday afternoons to Monday Mornings, In 2002 I Purchased a Fat boy 100 years anniversary gold key edition. Unfortunately, shortly after I must go to Singapore, I shipped my bike to Norway with Texas Titles on, and kept it in the basement collecting dust for a few years

 

In 2006 I was living in Qatar, I was CEO of RigNet MENA in addition to Global CTO for the company. The only focus in life was chasing the “Benjamins” Always in a Suit and Tie. Chasing the next contract and new markets.

 
I was on a short visit in Norway in September 2006 and had a flight back to ME early the next day, I went into the basement where I had my Fat Boy and got a new idea, within just half an hour I had the Bike out of the living room, a small bag on the saddle, and started Riding toward ME and Qatar.
The trip took me 10 days, from Stavanger, Norway to Doha, Qatar. This trip was the first extreme biker journey of my life. I left Norway with Texas plates on the bike and no other documents of ownership or insurance for the Bike.
The thrill and challenges of this trip getting the bike through numerous border crossings made me finally feel real alive again.
I was in capital Damascus in Syria, and had not used any GPS on my trip so fare, as I had a meeting in 2 days I was now in a hurry to get back to Doha Qatar, so I punched in Doha Qatar on the GPS and started Riding, it was only one snag by with using the GPS, that I figured out a little later when I was in Iraq and had accidentally passed a border crossing on a small dessert road.
The shortest route from Damascus to Doha was through Baghdad Iraq, through Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and Not through Jordan and Saudi Arabia as expected. The adrenaline Rush it gave me , when I had survived and was unhurt after a trip through Syria into Iraq back to Syria, into Jordan and through Saudi Arabia riding with Texas plates on the bike can’t be explained.
For all the years after 2006 to my first Hoka Hey in 2013, I was riding my bike wherever I was traveling, I had the passion for riding, but I was always riding alone, as no one I knew could do the long-distance riding in the areas I was riding.
I participated at my first Hoka Hey in 2013, did not know nothing what was coming, and it can’t be explained in any way, I think everyone participating will give different answers.
The thrill of been taken to unknown territories, and the uncertainty of what you will meet around the next bend in addition to coping with all this mentally over a long period of time is what really make me feel alive.
After my first Hoka Hey in 2013, it started to grow on me, I just didn’t want it to end, just wanted to continue riding.
When back in Norway, I immediately decided to ride again, and it has become the passion of my life riding The Hoka Hey Motorcycle
Challenges where I have found something special.

Meeting up with a fantastic team of other riders and organizers that have the same passion for extreme riding as myself.
HOKA HEY. 

Kurt will be riding to raise funding for Educate a Child

No comments:

Post a Comment