Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1008 Pete Milani


 Hoka Hey Hello to all, I am Pete Milani, rider # 1008 riding out of Pensacola FL. The 2024 Hoka Hey
will be my third Hoka Hey challenge. My first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge was in 2020, earning me the patch
set and the finisher patch. The second was in 2022, earning me the elite finisher patch and the elite
belt buckle. Like many of us, my interest in riding started as a little boy with a love to ride, a passion
for adventure, and a craving for the unknown; these traits have never left me. Best of all, with my
Hoka Hey family these traits have only grown stronger.



The Ride is what you make it - “Ride Your Own Ride” is one of the best pieces of advice that was
given to me by many veteran riders. We all want everyone to cross the finish line safe, the sound
part is on you as a participant. For me, the challenge is not about finishing first or last, it is about the
journey. There have been many accounts of riders helping each other; for me, the one but not the
only one that stands out is me being towed the last two miles into the second checkpoint after an
intermittent electrical problem in 2020. Thank You Brother Aaron # 871!



For some it will be more physically challenging, others will find it more mentally challenging, but
most of all it will be spiritually enlightening and may change you forever. For me in both 2020 and
2022 it was the mental aspect that I found to be most challenging. Keeping my focus and staying
disciplined to overcoming adversity were the main things that helped me through both challenges
successfully. All riders have and will have challenges, it is how we handle them that will determine
the outcome and if we make it to the finish line.



In this year’s challenge I will again be riding to raise funds for The Wingman Foundation, an all-
volunteer, veteran-founded non-profit organization dedicated to providing immediate post-mishap
support for the Navy and Marine Corps Aviation community and their families. With the generous
support of so many, I was able to raise about $6000.00 in each challenge and hope to do so again
this year. If you would like to donate to the  Wingman Foundation.
Stay smart and stay safe, I hope to see all the riders at the finish line.
Pete #1008

No comments:

Post a Comment