Friday, July 19, 2024

Meet One of the Original Riders # 383 Junie Rose


 Yes, that's right, one of the original riders of the 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014(I did in 15) 2016 2018 2020 and now (I am going to complete what I started in 2010 because I didn't make it to Homer ) then in the 2024 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge



Started out as a one and done, winner take all, half a millions dollar prize race! I think we all entertained the idea of what we would do with all that money but after the first gruelling hot day with a rain shower every two hours I knew it wasn't going to be me and decided to just enjoy the ride. And that is what I did. All 11,000 miles from door to door that year. 

 

Fast forward 14 years and I have seen this country like I never imagined I could, on the back of a Harley Davidson. Meeting people of different cultures and countries. But, as many of you know who have followed all these events, it has not been all sunshine and rainbows! I have broke down on a number of occasions, I have hit two deer, I been lost so much I earned the nick name Wrong way Junie. I've cried many tears of the losses of my fellow riders. Some I knew better then others but all were tragic. 


As the director of rider relations I have the privilege of interviewing the riders before they ride. I love to hear the excitement in them as they try to wrap their minds around exactly what it is they are being asked to do. You know, ride 10,000 miles of a route they have just received, with a tracker verifying the rider stays on route, sleep outdoors next to their motorcycle, without the assistance of electronic devices for navigating and doing it without receiving any moving violations while fund raising for a non-profit organization.  That's ALL! 



I have completed all the challenges I have ridden except the first one and hope to get 2022 done one of these days so I can again say I have ridden them ALL!!!!!

 

It is an Honor to ride for the Kenaitze Indian Tribe and any donations can be made here!



No comments:

Post a Comment