Thursday, July 18, 2024

Meet One of the Original Riders # 116 Jim Herold



I’m Jim Herold #116 from South Carolina.  I was born and raised in Almost Heaven West Virginia.  At 77 years old, I have lots of miles on a bike.  I’ve ridden in 49 states 3 plus times and all the Canada providence 2 plus times.  I’ve ridden to Alaska 5 times and this will make my 6th time.  To me, one of the prettiest rides is through British Columbia.



I believe Jim Redcloud started these rides to bring the plight of the Native American Indian, especially the Pine Ridge Reservation which is the poorest area in the United States.  I really wish more riders would raise money for them or the local tribe they are working with.



Leading up to the 2024 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, they will be working with the Kenaitze Indian Tribe to raise money on behalf of their Yaghanen Language and Cultural programs. These programs provide a space where youth come to develop life skills, learn culture, make friends and stay on track academically. This is an education, prevention and early intervention program open to kindergarten through 12th-grade students, offering a wide range of fun and educational activities. Please visit their website  Kenaitze Indian Tribe education/youth-language-and-cultural-programs to learn more. Your generous donation will help us to support these young people and give them a chance to grow and thrive! Please be a warrior in their lives!  Please donate a few dollars to them.  Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment