Sunday, July 14, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1239 Anne Vansant


Hi there! My name is Anne Vansant, rider #1239. This is my first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge and I've been excited to participate in such an amazing feat since I first heard of the inaugural 2010 ride! I love life and challenging myself! Two years ago I decided to step away from a career in Healthcare, sell my farm in Colorado, and head to Alaska to challenge myself as a deckhand on a fishing charter in the Bering sea for a full season. It was both the hardest work and most grit inducing lifestyle I've ever signed on for! I loved it! I also was a combat medic in the US Army for 9 years as well and deployed to serve all over the world.

 This year is my year to conquer whatever the Hoka Hey throws my way! I am a patient care rep in Hospice these days and of all my experiences in life I've learned first hand that no day is promised and it's up to each and everyone of us what life we live between birth and death and to push boundaries outside of our comfort zones and see what we are made of. My memories of these experiences have always been met with the warrior inside of me and the friendships of those warriors along side of me, challenging themselves for their own reasons. These are the people I aspire to befriend! I choose to inspire and be inspired by others through kindness and perseverance! I embrace this challenge and can't wait to become part of this amazing family and challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment