Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1031 Mark Tacea


Hello, my name is Mark Tacea – Rider #1031. Finally appreciate the invitation and ability to ride in Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge 2024. Been riding on/off for years respective of life events; childhood, USMC Recon Marine, college, career and family…everyone understands. Signed up for HHMC 2022 but accepted a different challenge…. Bone Cancer. Hey, I’m doing fine; chemo complete and 6 surgeries to save-the-leg. I get to ride another day! Always the one looking for something different…. pretty confident HHMC will be another true TEST. I live in Southern California with my wife and have 2 adult children to keep me active! Currently have 3 Harley’s in the garage to renew my riding passion.



I Joined Orange Coast HOG Chapter-Orange County, CA in 2010 to get back into riding. Our HOG Chapter is high-mileage club every year with plenty of monthly rides. Thus, met several HHMC finishers and had to ask what does, “Hoka Hey” mean? These HHMC folks were pleased to explain what this event
entailed. I became very interested in its uniqueness and large following among long-distance riding
community. Never been to Alaska….so let’s do it on a motorcycle. I relish any pleasure to acquire the
HHMC spirit on such a journey!



The non-profit I will be riding HHMC 2024 for is Warrior Foundation Freedom Station, a 501(c)(3). Their
mission is to assist seriously injured military men and women returning home from war; suffering from
PTS or TBA; those undergoing physical or occupational therapy; and Warriors medically retired and
remain in WFFS community. To serve the last group, Warrior Foundation Freedom Station pioneered a
new approach and created Freedom Station – a transition center and housing facilities that provides
injured Warriors with acclimation time, guidance and resources to successfully transition from military
service to civilian life.
*Please consider donating at https://warriorfoundation.org/ways-to-donate/

No comments:

Post a Comment